There are many different Tiny House builders and suppliers, with as many different styles and types. There are multiple models, and just as many plans, available to choose from, and these are all fully customizable.
What Characteristics Stays the same when building a Tiny House?
1. Mostly Movable: Tiny houses are usually built on a transporting trailer. You can hook it to a vehicle and take it with wherever you are going. Even though highly movable, you can also just find your place where you will live and settle down.
2. Flexibility: The inside of an existing Tiny House can be changed, whether it is a change in size, functionality, it can be changed, when the need should arise. And the location can also change quite easily.
3. Freedom: Freedom will come with the fact that Tiny Houses do not need a lot of maintenance, inside and outside. They do not need that much cleaning, inside or outside. You will not have a big mortgage to pay off. There is no room for clutter, so you can live without lots of unnecessary stuff pulling you down.
Do All Tiny Houses Look the Same?
1. They come in Different Sizes: There are many different sizes, although they need to be smaller than 400 square feet (37 square metres). A tiny house can be as small as 80 square feet (7.4 square metres).
2. Different Models: There are multiple models to choose from, each with different types of finishing and building materials.
3. Different Floor-plans: The inside (floor-plan) can be changed to fit your specifications.
All of the above features are fully customisable to your specifications and needs. You can choose your outside style and materials and do the same with the interior. The interior will be made to your liking and style.
Choose the style you like and the floor-plan that will fit your lifestyle, and you will have a dream, Tiny House in a short time. You can start living big in a Tiny House.
Flexibility and freedom are two things that people strive to have. Owning a traditional larger home does not give you that. You have a permanent stand on which your home is set and you probably will have to pay your mortgage to almost retirement.
If and when you may need to move somewhere else, it will be a big hassle to sell your house, pack up your stuff and look for a new home to buy.
However, living in a tiny house will save you the bother of all three; you can take your tiny house wherever it is you need to go. Everything you owe is in your home, packed and ready, you just take the whole to the new destination.
5 Reasons that will be to your Benefit when owning a Tiny House:
1. Your Tiny House can Travel with you: Most tiny homes have the benefit that you can move it either through hitching it to a truck or having it transported for you. Depending on your lifestyle, and choices, having a tiny home, can make seeing new places surprisingly easy.
2. Less expensive to Build and Maintain: Costs will depend on the size and the kind of materials and finishing you wish to have, but, even at the most expensive, the cost for building or purchasing will only be a fraction of the price of a traditional home. Materials used to build tiny homes also needs much less maintenance than traditional build homes.
3. Environmentally Friendly: Because of being a really small home, fewer materials will be needed, therefore less industrial waste for making new things. You can implement more environmentally friendly resources, for instance, solar or wind energy to give power, a rainwater catch system, etc. All things you can implement anywhere in the world.
4. De-clutter: When you have lived in a traditional home and you downscale to tiny house living, you will need to de-clutter your life. You will not have room for hoarding things you do not need or do not have any use anymore.
5. Spend less Time and Money on Cleaning: Having less space to clean will go toward not needing as many cleaning products. Cleaning won’t take very long, because the surfaces, inside and out, have a durable finishing.
Being in a smaller environment, you will not only live tidier, there will be no room for needless extras, you will also learn to not buy things you do not need because you will have no place to store it. Tiny house living is big on living a comfortable, compact, well-balanced life.
Most people might have heard a thing or two about tiny houses. That does not mean that they actually know what a tiny house is.
A tiny house is a fully functional, compact, transportable dwelling. Housing needs change constantly, where living in a big home was fashionable and a preferred way of life for many people, people now need more alternatives to choose from.
Small dwellings are nothing new, but there is a difference between many of these housing types.
Myths and Misconceptions about Tiny Houses:
1. A Tiny House is just like a Camper; which they are definitely not. This is a misconception that many people have about tiny houses. The name, however, says, “Tiny House”, which would be an obvious indication that it is a house, built, like any other house to withstand the rigours of daily living and all weather conditions.
2. Tiny Houses are cramped and small; where there actually are some really small ones, it does not need to be that way. They come in many different sizes and the actual design will have the biggest impact on how cramped or how open and spacious the house will feel. A good design will not affect the way you perform your daily tasks.
3. You have to change your lifestyle radically; to fit into living tiny. A tiny houses’ smallness should not cause you to alter your normal lifestyle in too many ways. Your tiny home should be customised and designed to fit your lifestyle.
4. Get rid of all your belongings; this can be scary for some and appealing to another. Truth is, you will need to downsize and get rid of excess stuff. You do not need to get rid of all and everything. Doing this might not be as difficult as you think. Looking at your belongings, you will come to realize that you actually do not use more than half of it.
5. Tiny housing is only for the young and restless; putting tiny house dwellers in a certain type of group, which are definitely not true. Tiny houses are great for many persons of all ages, a starter home for young couples, downsizing for retirement, a vacation home, a guest house and much more.
Tiny houses do not just provide a comfortable, low cost, dwelling; they are functional and beautiful, too. You can decide if you want to build yours on wheels, to be able to move around or to just have a fixed tiny home. In whatever way you prefer your tiny house, you will be pleasantly surprised with the freedom and flexibility tiny home living brings.